2016-10-13

Under Armour Curry 2.5 Review by Yange

I have been playing basketball for almost 20 years and only since recent years I began to realize the importance of basketball shoes. In the last 6 years I have worn quite a few shoes including Nike Zoom Soldier 3,  Nike Lebron 9, Nike Hyperdunk 2014, and Adidas Rose 5 which is the last one I wore.

Recently I started competition in Netherlands Basketball clubs. I am 190 cm and 83 kg and I normally play center in China. However in such a country which has the highest average height in the world, my height and weight are no longer a considerably advantage. Also I began to realize my other advantages after several games: reaction speed and agility. I could easily cut the pass-line and finish a fast-break.  Therefore I need something light weight and has a fast reaction speed to make it a even more obvious advantage. 

After some reading from Internet, I have some candidates in my mind: Adidas Rose 7, Under Armour Curry 2.5 and Nike Lebron 13. I am aware that Curry 2.5 seems a bit overpriced comparing to its performance, but I am still amazed by its unique a-synchronized design, lightweight and response speed.


Then I ordered 44.5 size, and it arrived quite quickly. 


The box tells you it is really not something high-end..


It looks almost the same as indicated from the shop, which is good.





















The bottom amazed me with its structure, and I tested on our wooden floor, and the traction is superb!


However there were two problems:
1. 44.5 is way small for me especially when I wear Nike Elite basketball socks. Normally I wear Hyperdunk 2014 with size 45 and Rose 5 with size 44 2/3. That's why I have to make a new order of 45.5 and return this one. There is another issue, the return is not for free as you need to pay the shipment. This becomes a big negative point if I ever consider to buy from this shop further.
2. When I jump and land on my hardwood floor, I can feel there is near to no cushioning. I feel like I am back to the cheap basketball shoes in my childhood. However some reviews says because of this the reaction speed is better, so after a relative long period of struggling I decided to keep with Curry 2.5

Finally, I received the right size and I could test it in real situation, here is the brief review:

Design ★★★★☆
The design impression  is personal, since my wife likes the design and it also matches the color my team jersey, I shouldn't give it a very bad score. The material on the surfaces gives you a strong plastic feeling, but the asynchronized design which will cover your foot like a 'roti' gives one start up.

Support  ★★★★★
I have ankle injury 3 years ago when I was wearing hyperdunk, Since then I will never buy that series again. An interesting fact why I choose Curry 2.5 is also because its real owner Curry is also experiencing ankle injury. The result is satisfying: It totally locks up my foot, and I feel confidence while running! Great work!

Cushion ★☆☆☆☆
I have to be honest here, although I paid 140 euros for it and I decided to keep it in the end, there is almost no cushion technique in this shoe. Comparing to it, Nike or Adidas are far better. But on the other hand, after getting a big ages I am trying to reduce the height of jumping and focus on moves more, I am okay with it as the reaction speed seems to be good as it supposed to be. Also all our training and games are happening on rubber court which itself has a certain level of cushion, and therefore during the training I didn't feel like stepping on hard thing and no pain on knee was left after 2 hours training.

Traction
★★★★★ on Hard wood
★★★☆☆ on Rubber court
Though the traction amazed me at home on hard wood floor, I am shocked by its poor performance on our training court which is made in rubber. I have to admit it is a bit dirty but I even got slipped during one move. I never had it with my previous Rose 5 here. I can guess a certain shoe is made for certain field, and this rubber bottom doesn't seems to really work good on rubber field.

Overall
★★★☆☆
I would overall give this shoe a 3 star. It is overpriced and Under Armour still has years to do to catch the level of Nike or Adidas. I still decided to keep it mainly because it has a good ankle protection and after playing basketball for such long time you will realize the safety is more important than any other thing. Also there is no discount on any Under Armour products and in long turn it will reduce the popularity of this brand. In the mean time I also ordered Lebron 13 since it has a great deal. I will try to wear both of them this year according to the position I am going to play in each game. Also during the review reading I found out Rose 7 PRIMEKNIT is a very nice shoe so I shall wait until its discount.

I will keep this blog updated when I have more experiences with this shoe.

PS. This is the first article I am trying to write some experiences about products I have tried in my life. If it is getting some readers I will put more reviews of a wide range of like, including electronics, sports, farming or any other things in our daily life :)












1 comment:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete